Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Fun at the Doctors' office

So, today was a very good day... if by good I mean I finally got my Xanax refilled, so I can go on a fun trip with my husband and his mom in two weeks and not spend the entire time locked in the hotel bathroom....

In order to do that, I had to go to the doctor, which wasn't a bad idea, since I keep getting ridiculously dizzy at work and then my head gets all spinny, and I'm sweating and swaying like the boat I'm on is about to turn over, and then I realize that I don't work on a boat and I'm in a land locked state and that people are looking at me really weird, and then I am not allowed to drive for two days.... So yeah, probably a good idea to go get checked out. 

Husband and I agreed that I should probably get some blood work done, check to make sure that my blood isn't poisoning me while it pumps the caffeine to and fro, and so they did... but also, because apparently my doctor is somewhat of a douche, I had an EKG... So now, in less than 2 months, I've had my brain scanned in an MRI, and EEG and and EKG.... I bet our insurance people will love that... and everything says "Normal".... I quote it, because let's be real, nothing about me is normal. 

Getting this EKG required me to wear a hospital gown, and nothing else up top, so when the poor girl came in to plug me in, I apologized that she had to move Mount Vesuvius (aka, my left boob), and she just laughed.  Thankfully, she was a bigger girl and expected how heavy that thing was. It was a little awkward, and at a point where I wanted to make small talk to feel more comfortable, but people seem to get really uncomfortable around me, so I didn't, but instead I did in my head... Probably not the same, but it was a great conversation. About on par with the ones I have with the cat, but that works.

Now, I'm waiting on blood work, so maybe that means I'm not dying, but they didn't do anything about the world spinning super fast around me, which I translated into the world revolves around me... and cutting back on caffeine is starting to kill me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment